Wednesday 25 October 2006: Alt. PULL-PU OTM


ALTERNATE PULL-UPS & PUSH-UPS
ON THE MINUTE


Perform a set of pull-ups or push-ups at the top of every minute for twenty minutes. Perform pull-ups on the odd numbered minutes (1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19) and push-ups on the even numbered minutes (2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20). You will perform ten sets of each exercise. The alternating pattern will allow you to do more reps and/or more challenging reps in each set than you could do in superset fashion.


Advanced:


  • Pull-ups or Chin-ups

  • Push-ups, Dips, Handstand PU, or other challenging variation

Intermediate:



  • Partial, Assisted, and/or Jumping Pull-ups

  • Push-ups (go to your knees if necessary)

Basic:



  • Bodyrows

  • Knee Push-ups

Post results to Comments.

3 comments:

JME said...

10 x 5 Dips w/ 20# vest
8 x 5, 2 x 3/2 Chins w/ 20# vest

Totals: 50 reps Dips and Chins

Joel

Anonymous said...

I did 5 bodyrows every odd minute, using my legs for any additional assistance.
I ended up doing 98 pushups. I had hoped to do 10 10-rep sets but came up short on the last two sets. I probably could have grunted them out but decided to keep the last reps "in my pocket" for future workouts.
I liked this workout alot.

Ed

Anonymous said...

Still have to be careful with my elbow, did:
Light DB rows for 200 reps
Knee push-ups for 159 reps

Nothing heavy but it made a good workout!!!