Monday 6 Nov 2006: PFT

PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST

It's the first Monday of the month. The monthly PFT is a great way to evaluate your progress. It is also a great workout in itself, and it only takes twenty minutes.

Advanced:
  • Max Pull-ups in 1 minute
  • Rest 1 minute
  • Max Sit-ups in 1 minute
  • Rest 1 minute
  • Max Push-ups in 1 minute
  • Rest 3 minutes
  • Run 12 minutes for distance

Intermediate:

  • Max Partial or Assisted Pull-ups or Body Rows
  • Rest 1 minute
  • Max Sit-ups or Crunches in 1 minute
  • Rest 1 minute
  • Max Push-ups in 1 minute
  • Rest 3 minutes
  • Run-walk 12 minutes for distance

Basic:

  • Max Body Rows in 1 minute
  • Rest 1 minute
  • Max Crunches in 1 minute
  • Rest 1 minute
  • Max Knee Push-ups in 1 minute
  • Rest 3 minutes
  • Powerwalk 12 minutes for distance

Post results to Comments.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I can´t do the PFT at the moment, I´m suffering the after effects of my bad cold (4 weeks ago) I´ve haven´t trained for over a week, but the lay off doesn´t seem to have done any good. Looks like I´ll have to pay the doc a visit tomorrow!!!

JME said...

I'm sorry to hear you're still not feeling week, Mark. I've been missing your daily posts. I hope you feel better soon.

Rope Pull-ups: 15
Sit-ups: 43
Push-ups: 50

I altered the run portion today.
5 x Hill Sprints (fairly short but very steep hill)
Easy jog to finish allotted time

Joel

Anonymous said...

Jumping Pullups: 20
Situps: 40
Pushups: 30
Distance: 1.2 miles

happy with my distance considering the lack of work i have been able to do lately.

Anonymous said...

hi joel, i wanted to post my progress since i been using your training tips, but i cant access to your comments blog space,well i just wanted to thank you and tell you that...
i teach the police departament and your fitness- solution realy has helped us alot. thank you

Ramiro R from Mexico